How We Fund
Dollars Given to Youth Programs in Central Minnesota
Looking for a Donation?
Typically, applicants begin the process by providing a 15-25 minute presentation at a noon Optimist meeting. These are held at Old Chicago Restaurant in St. Cloud on Tuesdays. To request an appearance, email our speaker coordinator at email@example.com. Note that speakers are typically scheduled several months out.
Raising funds and managing those funds takes effort, time, talent, and treasure. As such, we seek to be good stewards of the resources we raise. For consideration of an award, applicants must supply:
- A completed donation request form, accessible at the button below.
- A copy of the tax letter stating that you are a recognized non-profit organization. This letter will contain the tax ID number the IRS assigned your organization.
- Optional: Fliers or other documents that help tell the story of your organization or program.
Until further notice please send all funding requests to:
Central MN Noon Optimist Club, PO Box 734, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379
Where Does the Money Go?
83.8% Payback to the Winners
- Supplies and Rentals 58% 58%
- Taxes and Licensing Fees 29% 29%
- Donations 13% 13%
We Love Giving…But it Costs Us
In 2016 alone, the state of Minnesota collected $55.8 million in taxes on charitable gaming! If you agree this is too high a percentage diverted away from supporting, please consider contacting your representatives to let them know! You can find their contact information here.
Play For a Cause
Clear Lake Amoco
Stone Creek Golf Course
Midtown Bar and Grill
Meat raffles at Midtown Bar and Grill on Tuesdays at 6:30 pm and Blue Line South on Wednesdays at 7:00pm
We would love you see you at our next event or meeting. If you're interested in volunteering or joining us in our mission to improve the lives of central Minnesota's kids, fill out the short form and we will get back to you shortly.